Wednesday, January 6, 2010

home again, home again

So Andy and I along with some dear friends Jeff and Emily and Chris and Julie went on an adventure to Hilton Head Island to celebrate the new year. We left on Thursday at 6:15 pm to make the trek over to HHI. Um, just so you know the normal 6 hours trip that Andy and I have commented on as being, "no big deal" is now an 8 hour trip that is, "the longest trip of your life!" I say this and I did not drive once on the way over or on the way back. The trip down there was especially hard because it started to sprinkle as we left Knoxville. That was not the bad part. It rained harder the closer that we got to NC and then when we hit Ashville the rain turned to sleet that turned to SNOW and caused Andy to drive slowly. Once the rain ended it rained the almost the entire way to the beach. It was crazy. All of us were exhausted when we pulled into the house at 3am. I am not sure that I have ever been happier to see a king bed in my life. If our car had not been so packed with stuff I probably would have smuggled it back to Knoxville with us. We spent 3 wonderful days at the beach. Andy and I were able to take the pup, Laney, with us and she had a great time fetching a stick in the water and being able to play in the dunes. The only bad part is I did not take one picture of us on the beach. Terrible I know, but we actually did make it down there, I promise. The drive home was not much better. There was barely any room for us to move in the car. Even Laney had a little room. I did think at one point I was going to loose it. I was so tired from being in the car, but I rested for a little while and calmed myself down. I was so happy to see our house when we got home, and then when I walked in the door I was in for one of the longest nights of my life. I will have to tell you about that tomorrow. Here are some pics from our car ride.
How do you know you have been in the car too long? When your dog has the glazed over look too!
This is the only picture of Andy and I from the weekend. On the way home, in the car, picture taken by me!

love always,

No comments: