Monday, January 25, 2010

UTAH 2009

Andy and I just got back from and awesome trip to Park City, Utah. The trip was so much fun and we got to go with some great friends and family Hayes (Andy's cousin) and Todd! If you can remember I took a trip out to Heber City, UT with Andy's family back in 2008 during the summer. This is what it looked like...
The top picture was from the house that we stayed in looking towards Park City. Now for a slightly different look...

The above picture is me standing almost at the top of the Park City Mountain Ski Resort looking down on Heber City, UT. It was so neat to see it from way up there and it look completely different. That little snowy valley is Heber City!
While we were in Park City we decided that we wanted to stay close to town or the Main Street area. We were not sure how this was going to work skiing wise but it ended up being perfect. The picture above is one that I took while Andy and I were riding the Town Ski Lift from the middle of town up to the top of the mountain. It was about a block and a half from our condo (the brick building that looks like it is at the base of the hill) and an easy walk to make to start out day. You also could ski down a slope called Quittin' Time and get back to town. You can kind of see the slop in the bottom right corner.

This is Hayes and me at the top of the mountain. I cannot explain to you the beautiful views that we had from up here. It was amazing and the pictures do not do it justice.




The above picture is one of my favorites and too bad it took it with my phone and it turned out so horrible. This is Andy looking out over a Double Black. I am sure he was thinking about going down it, but I just liked how small we all looked compared to what was all around us. It was amazing and we were all in awe of what we were seeing.

Here we are just taking a few shots before we skied down the mountain.

Hayes and Todd. We love these two and had so much fun. We are so ready for our next vacation with these two!!!

Two nights we got all cleaned up from skiing and went out on the town. Well, we went to dinner to some very nice and yummy restaurants. We did not stay out late because we were all so tired from skiing all day that after dinner we were all ready to head home to relax and get some sleep.


This last picture has a story with it. Todd and Hayes came in a bit earlier this day than Andy and I did. Andy and I wanted to make a few more runs before heading in. We did about 3 runs and then decided to head back to the condo. I let Andy be in charge of the route that we were going to take back. You have to connect a couple of runs and lifts to make sure that you get to the right place. You also have to do all of this before 4pm when all of the lifts shut down. Well we skied over to the beginning of the town runs to make it back. Andy decided to take a "short cut" and do one more black run. Before we started this "last" run, I said I don't think this is right. He assured me that it was so we headed down. It was all moguls so it took me a little longer than it took him. At the bottom I said, I don't think this is right. Then I noticed something. Not only were we on the wrong run, but all of the lifts were stopped. My mouth dropped because I thought that we were going to get stuck at the base of the mountain and it would take forever to get back. Luckily Park City has Night Skiing and had one lift open and it was the one lift we need to get back. We got on the lift and skied down to town and met Hayes and Todd at the bottom. I was so tired and glad to be back when this picture was taken.
We had so much fun on this trip. With Utah about 3 feet short of the normal snow that they have, we were still able to have great skiing and a wonderful time. Hayes and Todd, we can't wait to see you soon and for our warm weather adventure that we are planning for the near future!!!
love always,

No comments: