Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Oh Monday

So on Monday I was in a big hurry. I was trying to leave work at 5pm, rush to the grocery store (right next door, thankfully), get all my groceries for the week (somewhat of a miracle if I pulled it off), rush home, put all groceries away, cook dinner, eat dinner, and go and meet Kara for coffee by 7:45. Wow, that just wore me out typing that.

Well everything was on schedule, I left work and headed to the store. It was not quite as busy as I thought it would be and I had a list so I wasn't wandering around the store. The last thing on the list was milk so I quickly grabbed it and was on my way to the check out line. Now, usually I am a buy-what-I-need-for-the-night-kind-of-girl. This works for me most of the time and I get to do my own checking out, which I love. On Monday, I had way to much stuff so I was stuck in a line with a cashier. Not too big of a deal until the kid who was bagging my groceries held up my jug of milk and asked me if I would like my milk in a bag. Just as the words left his mouth the gallon of milk slipped from his hands and came crashing down on the bag thingy. Milk went everywhere and we all just stood there looking at him. He said he was sorry and he quickly ran off to get me another jug. I finished checking out and waited for him to bring the milk to me. Once he returned he handed me the milk and said that he made sure to get me a good date and he apologized again. I told him not to worry and I rushed to get my groceries in the car. As I am packing the groceries into my car, I made sure that I put the milk next to heavy items so that it would not fall over and spill. I did not want milk all over my car.

I got home without and issues and walked around to the back of my car. I opened the tailgate and what fell out first, yep, the milk. It came crashing down on the driveway and milk went everywhere. I just stood there thinking, this did not just happen. 2 gallons of milk have not been wasted on my behalf today. If you know me, then you know that I drink about a gallon of milk on my own each week. It was so sad to see it all go to waste.

I called Andy to tell him not to worry about the big mess that was on our driveway, that it was just milk and the next rain would wash it away. This is what it looked like. So sad...
Another angle...

The good news is that I got dinner cooked and cleaned up and made it in time to see Kara. The day wasn't all THAT bad. I guess the moral of the story is, "don't cry over spilled milk" even if it is 2 gallons. Hee hee hee.

love always,

No comments: