Friday, May 1, 2009

It is almost time...


So here we are. One day away from M-day. (I was going to put D-day but it is not THAT big of a deal and M for marathon or meltdown or missing in action, which is what I might be come Sunday.)

I keep telling myself that I have prepared and I am ready and I can do this. My stomach is still turning flips and at this point might just be in a knot. I went to g0ogle and they have a map section where you can see stuff (roads, houses, and buildings) at street level. I walked myself through the entire marathon. I sort of know what to expect now and that makes me feel a little better. I WILL get through this.


Andy and I will have run 497 miles preparing for this race and running it when we cross the finish line on Sunday. No wonder our shoes gave out! I am prepared. Have I said that yet? I guess I will just keep repeating it so that hopefully between now and 6:30 am on Sunday I will believe it.


I do want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone that has put up with our incessant conversation about this marathon and for supporting us through all of this training. We, really I, have needed it and appreciated it more than you will ever know. I have had some breakdowns on some runs. I hate to type that but my sweet husband has put up with a lot. I am not always a nice runner, hard to believe I know, and he has stood or should I say, run beside me all the way. He is awesome even though it is kind of his fault that I am doing this. I remember running the Knoxville Half last year and at the end turning to him and saying, I am so glad that I am not one of those crazy people running the full. I have no desire to run a full marathon. Here I am a year later about to join all of those crazy people.


So tomorrow we will drive on up to Cincinnati, OH and check into a hotel to get ready for the race. I am excited and I WILL make it. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers we, really I, will need it.


Love you always!!!!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Good Luck! I'm so excited for you and can not wait to hear how you did! I'm sure you will do great!