Friday, May 22, 2009

going to the chapel

Although it was not really a chapel but a HUGE and BEAUTIFUL church in Morristown.

On Friday evening, I got off work and rushed home to get ready for the rehearsal dinner at the Sunsphere to celebrate a very dear friend and his bride to be. Chris has been a friend of Andy's and mine since middle school, although Andy and Chris are much better friends since they went to the same high school. At our wedding Chris did so many memorable things: threw Andy's bachelor's party, helped make our rehearsal dinner video with his Pops, wrote a song just for us (made me cry), sang our first dance song, but the most important thing that he did at our wedding was standing beside us as we got married. Chris was a groomsmen in our wedding and it was so fitting as he is such good friends with Andy and he and I have become closer over the last few years.

In Jan of '08 Chris met Julie. Sometime in Feb he sent me an email telling me that he was going to marry Julie. In Nov he got down on one knee and asked her to be his wife. On May 16, 2009 Chris and Julie got married. The service was so sweet. My husband got to return the favor and stood beside Chris as he said "I do" to Julie. It was a beautiful day, with beautiful friends, celebrating beautiful people. Thank you Chris and Julie for letting us share in your life. I look forward to many dinners, many football games, tailgates, outings on the lake and time spent together with the both of you. We wish you all the blessings in the world and please don't hate us for the sardines.

Just so the rest of you know... the guys decorated Chris and Julie's get-a-way car. Over the many years Chris has come up with many catch phrases. These Chris-isms were written all over the car, cans tied to the back and the last and most disgusting thing was sardines were put on the engine block so it would stink up the car as they drove down the road. So gross, but funny. I would not have been happy if I had been Julie, but it is just the beginning of a lifetime of memories and love that we will share as friends. Congratulations Chris and Julie. We love you both very much!!!

A friend of mine from high school is a wedding photographer and a really good one. She took the pictures and posted some on her website. Jessica you are amazing!!!! Check out the ones that Andy is in. He cleans up well, if I do say so myself, and I do!!!!

http://503galleries.com/blog/life-in-all-its-busyfullness/

No comments: