Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It's a cat?

On Monday I left for work at my regular time. When I got about a mile or so from home I got a call from Andy. He said, "I just left the house, but I noticed that we have a dead cat in the yard. I didn't do anything about it since I was leaving and I wanted to let you know so it would not surprise you when you got home." I was thinking great. Now when I come home from lunch I get to be the lucky girl that gets to go over to it. Remove the collar and call the poor family that owns this cat and tell them that their cat is dead in our front yard. What a great way to start off the week. I told Andy, "Thanks for letting me know and I will check it out when I go home from lunch."


I head on to work. Well, about 10:30ish I get another call from Andy. He said that he was back at the house and the cat, well, the cat is not a cat. In fact he is not sure what it is. It looks like a cross between a raccoon and a opossum. I was totally surprised, but happy that I was no longer going to have to call some family, tell them about their dead cat and then nicely ask them to come and remove it from our yard. Andy thinks that it could have been an albino raccoon. Is there such a thing? I told him to take a picture and he said that he would. Sweet Scott, buried it in the front yard. Not sure why they picked the spot that they did, but it is gone and I am happy about that. Andy did better than take a picture. He video taped it. I will have to get the video off his phone and on here somehow to show you what that thing was. We still don't know.


Here is a picture that I just got off the internet. Pretty gross. After seeing this picture I think this is exactly what was in our yard... and albino raccoon!



These pictures were found at http://www.pbase.com/almatic/raccoon. Not sure who took them but thanks for clarifying what it was!

1 comment:

Bass said...

There is such a thing as an albino raccoon. One likes to visit my parents back porch every now and then... SICK OUT