Wednesday, May 13, 2009

After the race!

So after we finished running, everyone was ready to get back to the hotel. Andy, Bill and I were the last of our group to finish and everyone else had been finished from 30 min to 2 hours. Here is a breakdown of every one's times:

Scott 1:49.23
Cally 2:04.28
Amy 2:23.13
Danielle 2:26.32
Jeff 3:19.21
Andy 3:42.04
Cameron 3:42.04
Bill 3:52.04

Everyone did an awesome job!!! When we finished the race we all got to shake the Mayor's hand, yummy, especially with the Swine Flu running around. Then you headed over to get your medal, water and FOOD! Bill and I were so tired after running that Andy went around and got food for us. He was so sweet making sure that we had everything that we needed. Then he went and found the rest of our group. We finally made it back to the car and headed to the hotel. We showered and went to lunch. Most of us had to get home for work the next day so after lunch we loaded the car for the 3.5 hour ride home. Well, our 3.5 hour ride home turned into 5.5. We got stuck in Lake City and for a little while was unsure that we were all going to make it. 4 out of the 5 of us had just run and we were tired and sore. All we wanted to do was get home and sitting at an almost standstill in the middle of nowhere was not much fun. We made it home and I exited the car and waddled into the house with our stuff to unpack.

Well, the next day when I got up for work I could hardly move. Waddling was an understatement. It took all of my concentration and effort to stand and then start moving. That night, Monday, I was almost in tears because I was hurting so bad. At one point we, Andy and I, were in the kitchen and I was joking around with Andy. I said something smart to him and he gently tapped me on the shoulder. Well it was just enough to knock me off balance and I yelped in pain when I had to take a step back as to not fall over. One tiny step back almost brought me to tears. Later when I went to take a shower I was putting my towel down by the sink. I nudged Andy's deodorant just enough and it started to fall off of the sink. It was like slow motion and I knew that there was no way that I was going to be able to move fast enough to get out of the way. Sure enough it landed right on my foot. Another yelp ensued. Andy came to check on me and I don't even know if I was laughing or crying. Laughing at how silly it was that I let it fall on my foot and crying because my whole body hurt and there was nothing that I could do about it. Andy felt pretty good. So good in fact that I called Bill to make sure that he was in pain and I was not loosing my mind. He reassured me that he felt just as bad as I did and it would go away in a few days.

It was 3 whole days before I felt better. Read that as not waddling around at work. Each day got easier and by Saturday I was able to take my first post race run. By Monday, Andy and I went and ran 3 miles. We both felt great so I guess we are ready for our next adventure... He asked me last night if it was okay for him to sign us up for our second marathon. I told him, just wait, I am interested but I need some time to wrap my mind around Marathon #2.

So if anyone is up for a marathon in NYC! I think that is where we are headed next!

Love always,

3 comments:

Jen Grubb said...

thats awesome cam! so proud of you!!

Becca said...

YEYE!!! Good job! I'm so proud of you!

Emilycpoe said...

I need you guys to run NYC so that Jeff and I can come and watch...and shop...but mainly watch and cheer you on!