Thursday, April 30, 2009

Turtle Power

So, last Saturday night Andy and I went over to his parents house to celebrate his youngest sister, Cally's, 20th birthday. It is so strange that she is getting older but so much fun to have her as a friend!!!! She had 14 of her nearest and dearest friends over for dinner and cake. The food was wonderful and conversation was great. Cally look beautiful as usual and she got some practice opening presents in front of people and did great.
A side not to the birthday happened when Andy and I arrived at his parents home. Megan, Scott and Bill were all outside looking in the bed of a truck that was parked on the street. We got out and asked them what they were doing. Bill said that the girls had gone down to the lake that day and found a snapping turtle floating in the water and they brought it back. Well, when I heard turtle I was thinking that they found a little box turtle and it was no big deal. Um, I was wrong. Andy and I could not help ourselves and went on over to take a look. What we saw in the back of the truck was shocking. All the neighborhood kids were coming over to take a look, some even in their pajamas. It was a site to see and smell. Thank goodness I was on the side of the truck that the smell was wafting away from so I never did get a whiff.

There was some mention during the night of what was going to happen to the turtle. The girls had great plans to go and stick it in someones bathtub to scare them. From what I heard, the stench from the turtle warned the victim before he could be scared. I heard that he almost threw up on it trying to move it out of the apartment and that their apartment still has a faint smell of the rotting turtle.

So you say you want to see some pictures. Well, these are some that were taken of it in the back of the truck I think by Bill. Amy sent them to me and Cally said that there are more on Facebook so if you are her friend you can check them out there. Warning... this is scary and gross. Danielle, Andy's sis-in-law said that she did not want to believe that it came from the lake because she may have trouble swimming in it knowing that these guys could be lurking around.

No comments: