Friday, August 1, 2008

O Canada...




So as my faithful readers have read, one of my best friends is currently in China getting ready to represent the USA on the basketball team. What most of you don't know is that one of my teammates from college is also in China getting ready for the Olympics, but she is playing on the Canadian women's soccer team. Her name is Rhian Wilkinson and she is awesome. Rhian is one of the best players to ever come through the Tennessee Women's Soccer program and she is also one of the nicest and coolest people that I know. She has her own website that can be found here: http://www.rhianwilkinsonsoccer.com/index.html . I am sure that she would love for you to stop by her website when you get a chance. I have read that she does not love to write the journal entries as often as she does but I love them and can't get enough of them. It has been a great way for me to keep up with what she is doing, where she is in the world and all of her fun adventures. The best part is that when she plays the US she calls us, "those Americans!" I think that it is so funny!
At any rate,I just wanted to give her a shout of from her old home here in Knoxville, TN! We miss you Rhi and hope that you guys do awesome in China!!!! Good Luck!!!!!!!


Here are some pictures that I "borrowed" from her blog. In the top picture she is on the bottom row, third person from the left...




I love this one. It really shows her passion. As I said before Rhian is one of the sweetest people in the world but if you try to cross her this is what you will get. I think that I read that she was protecting her goalie and doing a good job I might add. I just wish that I could have heard what she said to this girl. You are AWESOME RHI!
This is the way I remember her. Go Vols. As they say at Tennessee, once a Lady Vol, always a Lady Vol!!!! Go Big Orange!!!!!

No comments: