Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Can the bugs just leave me alone!!!!


Well if you are reading this blog then you probably know that I don't like to do yard work. Me picking up the sticks for Andy, that I mentioned in my previous post, is about all I want to do and picking up sticks is a rare, just ask Andy. Well, it is a long story mostly starting with the day that I was born but to keep things short here I will tell all of you out there that I do cut my mom's grass. I know, I know I am sure that you all know about how I told Andy that I would never cut our grass when we got married and he has let me stick to that. He cuts our grass and I sit on the couch. (It is not THAT bad but it goes something like that.) At any rate I do go over to my mom's house and every other week or so and cut her grass before it gets too high and she has to pull out a machete to get to her door. So on Sunday after church I headed on over to her house. I finished one side and had just started on the other. I was cutting an area that is really close to this tree and thought that a limb had scratched my arm. I looked at my shoulder and sure enough to my shock and horror was a bee. Did you hear me, I SAID THERE WAS A BEE! and it was sticking out of my arm (read: it stung me!) I grabbed it and squeezed it, threw it on the ground, pushed the mower out of the way (for fear that more were coming shortly behind this one and I did not want to get the mower trapped in a bee infested area- I think pretty quick on me feet don't you think!), and ran as fast as I could into the house. I yelled for my mom to get some ice. Once I had calmed down it felt like I had just gotten a tetanus shot. It hurt and I complained to my mom and then to Andy that night. The next day is was still sore and itchy and I had a huge knot on my shoulder and I figured by today it would be gone. You are not going to believe this... or maybe you will- I don't make a habit of being stung by bees but you might. This morning I woke up and my shoulder was still itching. I looked in the mirror and said to Andy, "I think that I am having an allergic reaction to this bee sting." Andy, knowing that I am not allergic to anything, said, "No you aren't it is just a sting." Then he looked at it. The rash that is now the size of a baseball and WILL NOT STOP ITCHING is surrounding the sting area. So like the drama queen that I can be I called my father-in-law who is the most wonderful doctor in Knoxville and asked him if my arm was in any danger of falling off. He assured me that it is not and this is something that can be quite common and the only solution is to wait it out. So all day long, I have had to explain to people at work that I don't have some crazy, infectious disease. I just have a bee sting. Have I ever told you guys that I HATE BUGS!!!!
PS: Doesn't that picture scare you. It looks like the bee is going to fly from your computer and sting you. My arm hurts just looking at it... and itches.

1 comment:

Holland said...

I ABHOR anything with a stinger! I have only been stung once, and I swear they can smell fear.