Thursday, July 24, 2008

I am a die hard Monarchs Fan!

Most of you know that one of my very best friends plays in the WNBA for the Sacramento Monarchs. Well, thank goodness the WNBA decided this past off-season to put a team in Atlanta, GA called the Dream. This is great for me because that means that when Kara comes to play the Dream in Atlanta, it is only a 3 hour drive for me to watch her play. I miss watching her play. I hardly ever missed a Lady Vol game when we were in college. At any rate that is not part of this story. On Monday, my mom called me to remind me that Kara would be in Atlanta the next game. So what did we do. We asked off work and woke up early and headed down to Atlanta for the game that was at 11am. That means to the Monarch players if felt like 8am. I don't think that any of them have played that early in years. They did awesome and dominated the Dream. Kara as usually played awesome. Here are some pics of the game and us after. Oh and by the way I am wearing a Monarch's shirt that has Kara's number on the front and back and her name on the back. I told her that when I am around her in that shirt I feel like such a stalker. Especially when I am snapping pictures of her. She laughed at least I am a friendly stalker...
Kara in action... she had 13 points on the day... what a stud!
Me and Kara in her hotel room. The hotel, arena and CNN center are all connected and the Olympic park was right across the street. Pretty sweet set up! Too bad they were only there one night...
My mom and Kara. Can you tell that my mom loves Kara. When Kara was in college people would ask my mom if she was Kara's mom. She would say, "I am her Knoxville Mom." So sweet!
It was so good to see Kara and get a chance to watch her play. We will not get to see her again before the Olympics but she promised to send us her new USA shirts (they are similar to the shirt that I have on only they are for the USA team, again I will look like a stalker, but that is okay with me) and we will wear them proudly for each game! We love you Kara and miss you! Good luck in China!!!!

No comments: