Thursday, July 24, 2008

UTAH 2008

The Broome extended family minus Andy took a trip this July to Utah. We got to stay in a beautiful house in Heber City, Utah which (for all you geography majors out there) is in between Park City, UT and Sundance, UT. The trip was a ton of fun although I dearly missed not having my husband there with me. Here are some of the pictures from out trip.














This was taken at the Olympic Training Facility near Park City. Those ramps to the right are the ramps that the skiers go down and do all of their flips and turns and land in the swimming pool. Those black things in the pool create air bubbles (lots of them) in the water to break the surface of the water for the skiers. The really tall ramp in the middle can allow the skiers to jump as tall as the building that should be to the left but was cut out of the picture. I think that it was 3 stories tall. Pretty high and pretty scary. I am not sure that I could jump off one of those ramps, much less on skis.




This was our mini-hike for the day. I forget what the name of it was but we walked all over these springs and it was really pretty. This is the fam... from left to right... Amy, Megan, Cally, Danielle, Jeff and Bill.



















These pictures are from the "real" hike that we went on that day. We hiked up to Scout Falls and it was beautiful. It is amazing how different the mountains look out West. We packed out lunch and ate on the trail. Fun, fun, fun!!!
Then we went Mountain Bike Riding (I don't know if that is supposed to be two words or one so there you go!) I loved this part. It was scary and slightly dangerous. I have never done anything like this before and it was so neat. The mountains look so different without snow on them. We went up the the Sundance ski resort and they let you take bikes to the top of a run and then they have runs that you can go down that are different sill levels. Lets just say that the beginner was not really a beginner...

Jeff, since he was the expert on this part of the trip, found this great trail. The first picture is of Bill and his girls taking a break on the trail. The next one is of Jeff, Cally, Megan and Bill at the spot where we stopped to take some pictures. This view was amazing and totally breathtaking. In the third picture Bill was trying to get a picture of us jumping. Obviously we were not very good at it. The last picture is of the sisters that never fight, and I really mean that honestly. They never fight. Crazy...

The trip was amazing and I have to thank my husband's parents (Amy and Bill) for planning it and taking us on this trip. You guys are wonderful. Now Andy and I are trying to plan a trip back to this area for a winter ski trip!!

No comments: