Thursday, July 10, 2008

Drum roll please...


I would like to add to all of the official announcements and let the world in on our little secret...
KARA LAWSON WILL BE ON THE USA BASKETBALL TEAM AND COMPETE IN THE 2008 OLYMPICS!
We are so proud of her and could not be happier. I know that she will make all of us proud. This is really a dream come true for our family. Kara, you are so wonderful and so many of your dreams are coming true. You are an amazing person and I just can't tell you how proud of you I am. You will do awesome and bring home the GOLD to the USA!!
Kara is now officially our favorite Olympian. When Kara called me the day after she found out (that is how it was a secret, and she did call the night she found out but we were sworn to secrecy, so don't worry I was not out of the loop for very long) I told her that she is my favorite Olympian. She said, "Already?" It was then that I told her that she was on a short list since I don't really know that many Olympians. She laughed. I feel so special because it is not everyone that can say that their roommate (I know, I know we don't live together anymore but she will always be my roommate) and one of their best friends is an Olympian. Can you all tell that I AM SO EXCITED! It feels like I am going to the Olympics. Andy and I will not be able to make the trip to China but we will be at home with our red, white and blue on cheering Kara and the USA team! We love you Kara! GO USA!!!

1 comment:

Kilah and Brodies World! said...

hey cameron! its amanda miles! i saw your blogspot link on your facebook page! enjoyed reading it! here is the link to my blogspt site! would love to see you soon! hope all is weel!