Tuesday, August 19, 2008

High School Soccer!

Well, the season unofficially but officially starts tonight. If you don't know what I am talking about I will let you in on the little secret... I am the assistant coach for the West High School Girls Soccer Team. It takes up quite a bit of time during these next few months and I know that can be hard on Andy and I, but I love getting the chance to make a difference in the lives of some pretty cool young women. I love teaching them to be not just better soccer players but I try to teach them to be better women. It is hard and I fail a lot, I know that. Luckily I have a wonderful husband that keeps me pointed in the right direction when it comes to these girls. They test my patience daily and I constantly have to remind myself that I was kind of like them when I was their age. It is really hard to imagine. It also reminds me that I am glad that I am not in high school anymore. That was not always a fun times and there was always drama, and apparently there still is.
The season is starting tonight and we will be tested for the first time. We have played in a few short games and then the alumni game but this will be our first test tonight from another local team. I am excited to see what our girls bring to the table. We still have a lot to learn but I can't wait to see them get out on the field together.
I will have to be careful about how much I talk about what goes on with these girls since I have not gotten any of their permission to talk about them on here and I don't want to have to unpost (I think that I just made up a new blogging word!) anything. I will say that I have an awesome coaching staff, of which I am very proud to be a part of. I hope that this season is better than past, we have set some goals and I hope that I can help this team realize some of those goals. I will keep you posted!!!!! Go Lady Rebels!!!!!

No comments: