Monday, December 8, 2008

A new addition...

I feel like I am always making announcements on this blog... but tis the season I guess. I want to announce that our family will be having a new addition this summer. What a funny way to announce this on a blog... (scroll down!)


































Andy and I will be having A BROTHER-IN-LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!














and you thought we were pregnant... silly you... don't you worry yourselves any Family. We will not announce it on here, first...









Our darling Princess Megan was asked by her totally sweet boyfriend to marry him. She said YES! So, with one word our family went from 8 to 9! Yeah for us, because she picked a really cool guy that along with Andy is totally capable of fixing things. I think that this is a very important a characteristic of a guy. It is so nice to have someone that needs no help when it comes to fixing things around the house. He also loves to hunt. This gives Andy a partner in crime so I can stay home and cuddle on the couch with my warm blanket and a cup of coffee.


I do have a funny story about Scott.


Scott is currently living at Andy and Megan's grandmother's lake house. I know that he loves it because he loves the outdoors and now he can hang out in the woods to his hearts content or at least as long as Megan lets him. Hee hee hee. Anyway, as I said before Scott loves to hunt and there is some land nearby that he wanted to go and check out and see if he could find and deer tracks or antler rubs or whatever you look for when you try to find deer. I should also mention that this happened a few weeks ago in some cold weather.(just a note: I have only been hunting once and was totally scared by a squirrel or something that I thought was hunting me when Andy left me alone and I have not gone again.) He got in the canoe and paddled across the lake (Melton Hill Lake: read one of the coldest lakes in Knoxville) to go check things out. I think that this happened when he was coming back. He got in the canoe and paddled to about the middle of the lake and for some reason the canoe got a bit tipsy on Scott and the next thing that he knew he was dumped by the canoe in the water. This is where it is important that you know that Scott was dressed for cold weather not for taking a dip in the lake. He had jeans, a jacket and his boots on. Well as canoes do it filled up with water and try as he may there was no getting the canoe to flip back over while he was in the water himself. He said that he tried to drag the canoe for a bit but the water was cold (read: um, try freezing) and he was starting to go numb. He ditched the canoe in the middle of the lake (I don't think that there was much traffic on the lake, per usual) and so he swam, clothes and all, to the bank. Then he walked over to this house that is on the point and met a guy who was wondering why in the middle of the winter and fully clothed, why Scott was all wet. Well, lucky for Scott the guy owned a paddle boat and offered to go in it with Scott to get the canoe and tow it back to the house. So Scott ran back to the house real quick to get changed and then met the guy to go pick up the canoe. I think that it was when they got into the paddle boat that Scott realized that they guy had a broken foot and had a boot on it and was not going to be able to help paddle to boat. So Scott paddled (like a bike) the boat and broken foot man out to the canoe. Then he tied the canoe to the paddle boat and had to paddle all the way back to the house. Needless to say when we saw Scott later that day he will still chilled to the bone and was only drinking hot liquids. I guess the best part of Scott is that he rarely complains about anything. I never heard a grumble or anything when he told the story. I would have been mad and probably crying. He just takes everything in stride. He is even-tempered and ready to go with just about anything that is requested of him from Megan or anyone. The number one thing that Andy and I love about Scott is that he LOVES Meg. Evey time they are together you can tell how much they love each other.



Megan and Scott, I know that I have said this to you already, but we are so happy for the both of you. We are happy to have you as part of our family and love that we can call your friends. Your wedding is going to be an amazing celebration of the start of your life together as you become one before God. It has been amazing to see how God has brought you together and we have loved seeing your love grow for one another. We look forward to a lifetime of memories together. We love you both!!!!

Here are some pictures from the engagement night!!! Enjoy!



The happy couple!!!






Meg's ring is so beautiful and I loved watching her yesterday because she could not stop looking at it.



This picture is so Scott and Megan!


No comments: