Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas is coming...

and we are totally not even close to being ready. Andy and I are making our plans to get our house ready for Christmas. Last night he was up in the attic seeing if we put our Christmas decorations up there last year. (We better find the before this weekend because that is when we are putting all of our stuff up!!! Eek!) At any rate, I was thinking about how much fun it is to start our own holiday traditions as well as staying true to the traditions of our families. It is hard to find the time to fit everything in with both of our families but it is important to us to celebrate with both. We love our families dearly and love to spend time with them!


This year my mom and I hope to do some baking together and I am totally looking forward to it. For some reason recently I have become more and more excited about cooking, trying new and in some cases old recipes (usually ones that have come from Andy's grandparents or great-grandparents!), and BAKING!!! I love to bake and until recently I had no one to bake for. In the past Andy has not been a huge fan of sweets but with all the running he has been doing I think that it has changed his mind a little...


At any rate, I hope to make this holiday fun and full of joy and I hope that you all do too!! Here are some funny pictures from last year.



Ha! This picture totally makes me laugh out loud. This was last year and I dressed Laney up as her father. She was not really happy about it and the only way that she let me take this picture was because Andy told her to come to him. She will do anything he says. She would not even look at the camera. So funny!

How cute is Nelly. This picture was so hard to get and I think that this was the best one that I got. Nelly like her sister does not like to be dressed up. She kept shaking these off of her head, but I just thought that they were too cute for words. What a doll!

Happy Holidays!!!

No comments: