Monday, March 30, 2009

Weatherman

Well, I am sure that all of you have heard the saying, "If you don't like the weather in Knoxville, stick around a while because it will change." I totally understand that there is going to be varying weather in Knoxville. I love that you never know when it is going to be a million degrees and there is a chance that it could happen in November. I could snow in July, not sure that it has happened but here there is always a chance.

That is not the problem that I have with our weather, it is our weathermen. They are not very good at their jobs. I found myself asking Andy and his father, D2, "How in the world do our weathermen still have jobs? They are wrong more often than they are right. I guess if they get the weather right one day out of seven they get to keep their jobs."

The problem that I have with them right now is that I rely on them to figure out when we can do our training. I especially need them when planning our LONG runs. EXAMPLE when the weatherman says that Saturday it is going to rain in the morning, and we will have thunderstorms in the afternoon I schedule my day, mainly I schedule in my head, that I will not be running that day and will have to wait until Sunday. Then they say that Sunday it will be cold in the morning. I don't really like to run in the cold but have done it enough through this training process that I can deal with it. I really don't like running in the rain, that really stinks. Sunday, however was supposed to be really cold and there was this other little race (Knoxville Marathon and Half Marathon) that was going on and we did not want to get mixed up in it.

So when did we run you ask. Oh Saturday afternoon. Why, because there was no rain!!! When we started our run it was cloudy, and 65 degrees. I wore a hat just in case, remember the weatherman said that it was going to thunderstorm. It did not rain, I repeat, IT DID NOT RAIN! In fact, not only did it not rain, it got really, really hot. I think that when we finished it was closer to 70 degrees. Not fun when you are running the farthest you have ever run in your life and the last part of the run is hilly. Oh, but we made it. We were tired and hot but we were done. Now only one more really LONG run and then the marathon. I can't wait. Cincy here we come!!!

Just so you know, they get to keep their jobs. I was really cold on Sunday morning. I guess 1 our of 7 days is a positive in their books. Grrrrr...

No comments: