Monday, March 16, 2009

If ever we were to move...


Darien, Ga would be on the list.


This weekend I took my second trip to Darien, GA with my mom. This time was for a much happier occasion. A dear friend of mine from way back when I was little got married. It happened in November (he didn't tell anyone until after) so they decided to throw a reception party so that all of their friends could come on over and celebrate. They are such a cute and wonderful couple. This weekend I met Bri for the first time and instantly loved her. She is like a breath of fresh air. She is honest and funny, beautiful and smart. The only thing that I regret about the weekend was that I forgot my camera back in Knoxville and don't have a single picture of the weekend events that took place in some of the most beautiful settings I have ever seen.


Sherry, the mother of the groom, is one of my mom's oldest friends, someone that touch my life long ago and someone's whose voice I miss regularly. Sherry has the most beautiful accent I have ever heard. I remember when I was little and I would be at the Smith house and Sherry and Tommy (her husband, he passed away about 2 years ago. That was the first reason that I headed on down to Darien.) would lovingly pick on each other and I just loved to hear them speak. They had that deep south Georgia accent that rolls off their tongues so beautifully. I miss those times and I miss those people.


The weekend was filled with much laughter, dancing, story telling and too many hugs to keep track of. It was beautiful and fitting for Mitchell and Bri. Aside from being covered in bug bites, (I kind of look like I have the chicken poxs all over again, but totally worth it!) and being tired from the long drive I am so happy that I went. I wish that everyone could experience being is such beautiful places with beautiful friends and that everyone once in their life takes a trip to Darien, GA.




*the first picture was taken by Deshan Photo Gallery and the second from Motofreaky, both on Flickr*

No comments: