Friday, February 27, 2009

Birthdays!

Sometimes Andy and I forget how lucky we are to have grandparents. Well, he is lucky and I have adopted his as mine (kind of came with the marriage thing) so now I have some too! Both of my grandparents have both passed away a few years ago so I feel especially lucky to have grandparents again.

I think that sometimes we forget how active his, excuse me, OUR grandparents are. Granddaddy still hikes a few times a week, every week. By a few miles I mean he hikes 10-20 miles. Amazing. Both Meme and Gigi still clog and live very active social lives, eating out with friends, traveling to the beach for weeks on end, cooking dinners for our whole family, sewing, knitting, you can pretty much name it and they do it. We love meeting them for dinners and having them cook/bake us things.


Meme makes the best pot roast. I am working on perfecting it but still have not even come close. Anytime she mentions that she is going to be cooking it, Andy and I are first in line to get a dinner invitation.


Gigi and her brownies! I don't think that I need to say anymore. When she sends them home with us Andy and I bicker over them. I am sure that there have been times when he has hidden them from me so he can keep them to himself. He does not even like sweets that much, but the are THAT good.


Granddaddy, what do you say about the man that walked you down the isle. He is amazing and super handsome. He has the gentlest nature, and some of the funnies quirks too!I don't think that I will ever forget at Christmas when he flashed the lights in the house because it was time to go. He is so funny and I love him dearly.


I know that sometimes we take for granted how spunky they are and I want them to know that we love you them so dearly and appreciate them. I love your wisdom and insight and treasure your cooking, sewing and life tips that you give to me. Thank you for letting me be your granddaughter. I love you guys!


The title of this post, if you made it down this far is because this weekend and in the upcoming weeks we are celebrating the birthdays of Meme and Gigi. Happy Birthday to two very beautiful women!!!

No comments: