Friday, October 24, 2008

One favor, please!

Okay, so the pumpkin contest went down last night. Andy and I invited our wonderful friends Emily and Jeff over for the contest. They arrived at out house at about 7pm and they brought their cute puppy, Gus, to play with Laney. Well not really play because Gus just had surgery on Monday and he is not allowed to play so they really just tortured their dog by bringing him on a play date when he is not even allowed to play. The funny thing about how Laney and Gus interact is that Laney "talks" to Gus the entire time that he is at our house. She makes this really strange almost howl, almost growl to tell him what he is and is not allowed to do at our house. Let's just say that she does not allow him to do much. They had fun though I think and Gus will have to come back over when they can actually play.
Well the carving got underway just at the Auburn game was kicking off, oh about 7:30. We took the pumpkins out back to do the gutting and then carved them inside while watching the game. The guys were so funny. They did not enjoy the gutting process, too icky for them I guess. Emily and I just got to work and come to think of it I don't think that either of us complained once... hahaha.
I have to remind all of you that Emily is considered a professional pumpkin carver in some circles. Granted those circles are small, hahaha just kidding Em. We all got out our patterns and got to work. I was the first to start cutting but not the first to finish. Andy and Jeff were the first to finish so they could watch the game. Then I was done. Emily, she took a bit longer then the rest of us. She did not finish until about 11:30pm. We were joking the whole time that she was going to still be cutting this morning when Andy and I got up for work. Her pumpkin is very detailed and really cool. (not as cool as mine and Andy's because we want to win you see)
I told Andy, Jeff and Emily that I would post the pictures on the blog (and one video if I can figure it out!!!) and this is where the favor comes in. I would like all the tens of my readers to vote on which pumpkin you think is the best and that will be the way that we choose a winner. I don't have my camera with me so I will post them sometime this weekend so check back. Just a friendly reminder, if you are reading this then you are probably MY friend or MY family so keep that in mind when you vote. Hee hee, I am not competitive at all I know. I really think that they all turned out well and I can't wait to show them to you!!!!!

No comments: