Tuesday, September 30, 2008

At least it wasn't a red!!!

I got a yellow card last night. My first one of the season. What to say that it will be the last one this year but it probably will not. Just glad it was not a red (in reality it should not have been a yellow, it was a lame call by the ref-I barely said anything) because then we get fined $250 and how will I explain that to the parents...

***side note*** I do not allow my players to yell at the ref. I tell them that it is their job to play soccer and if they disagree with a call to keep their mouths shut. They know that I will back them up. It is my job and not theirs and apparently I take it seriously enough that I have been told to hush in just about every game that we have played.

***side note #2*** We were only winning 2-1 with about 12 min to go in the game when I got my card. We ended up winning 4-1. Yellow cards are looking more appealing by the min...just kidding...

1 comment:

Chuck and Deb said...

Jergens, Jergens, Jergens! Of COURSE I remember you! I have actually thought about you a lot over the years and have wondered where you are...what you're doing. THANK YOU for being observant and finding me! :) Love you!