Thursday, September 4, 2008

Do you know about the Egg Campus?

Okay, I know that I need to post some pictures from the beach trip that I will just tell you now was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I have a funny story first. Yesterday at practice this is the conversation that I had with one of my players.

Me: So Suzie (I have changed her name since she is underage and even though I got her permission to write this, I have not asked her parents!), did you ever find out what your Dad does for a living?

Suzie: No, I never asked.

Me: So do you know what your Mom does?

Suzie: No, not really, but I do know that she works at the Egg Campus at UT.

Me: Excuse me, what did you just say?

Suzie: She works at the Egg Campus.

Me: Did you just say Egg Campus?

Suzie: Yeah, why?

Me: Don't you mean the Ag Campus?

Suzie: No, the EGG Campus. That is what it is called.

Me: Oh my gosh that is the funniest thing that I have ever heard. It is not the Egg Campus it is the Ag Campus. Ag as in Agriculture Campus. Suzie that is the funniest thing that I have hear all day. The Egg Campus.

Suzie was a great sport. She let me tell the whole team what she said and did not even get embarrassed a little bit. I laughed and laughed. She is a great kid. The Egg Campus is still making me laugh out loud. This is one of the many reasons that I love coaching my high school kids. They make me laugh all the time.

No comments: