Thursday, September 11, 2008

Will you come pick me up?


I guess this post should start with a BIG, HUGE, ENORMOUS thank you to Beth. Beth is a dear friend and mother of one of Andy's oldest buddies. She has the most amazing house in Hilton Head (same place that Andy took me when we got engaged, but that story is for another post) that we have now been to a lucky 3 times. I think that each time we go it just gets better, and Beth is so nice to let us stay. This time we went with some really good friends of ours and their beautiful baby Reece. Reece is also our goddaughter so it made it extra special that we got to hang out with her. Her parents, Tori and Doc, met us over there and we had a great time. This was Reece's first time in the sand and she L-O-V-E-D it. Unlike most babies she did not cry or try to eat the sand. She just wanted to crawl all over it.


I mean, check out that face. She was serious about "beach time"!!!


Then she would crash!


She was so fun and happy. Here she is dancing. What you can't tell is that I am singing some strange song that I made up spur of the moment and she loved it. Not sure that other people on the beach did...

Here is Reece petting Laney. It makes your heart melt doesn't it.
We spent 5 days and 5 nights at Hilton Head. Laney was worn out the entire time. She got to go running two days in the morning, and the days that we did not run I think that she was happy to sleep in. She would stay in the house while we went to the beach in the morning and when we would come home at lunch she would jump in the pool for a quick dip. At night, after 5pm, we could take her down to the beach to play. If you know our Laney there was not way that she was not happy with just some dinky tennis ball. She found the largest log (notice it was not a stick) on the beach and would chase it into the waves. It was so cute!! She would jump like a deer over the waves so she could keep an eye on the log. Here are some pics of her on the last day of the trip when we took her out to play one last time.

This is Laney anticipating that Andy would throw the log. She would get so excited and run circles around you. I just made me so happy to know that she was so excited.


Check out that face on Laney!


Andy made this look so easy. When I threw it, I could barely get it 15 feet away from me. It was pretty sad.

Then once she would retrieve the log she would not just bring it to one of us to throw again. She would prance around the beach showing off to everyone that was watching what she "found" in the ocean. Again, very cute.

We had a wonderful time and it was a much needed vacation for the both of us. There is just something about a vacation at the beach where you sit on the beach and read and have no agenda that makes life so sweet. We left on Tuesday, which meant that we were back at work on Wednesday. Boo! Andy called me Wednesday about 9am and said...

Andy: You want to go back to Hilton Head?
Me: Will you come pick me up?

2 comments:

sarahjane said...

will you pick me up, too? :)

Kilah and Brodies World! said...

loved the pics! reece is so beautiful!!! glad you had a great trip in hilton head!
love amanda miles!