Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thanking Mom

I have the best Mom in the whole world. I am not just saying that. I grew up and it was just my mom and me. We had the best time. When I think back to my childhood I am flooded with memories of so many fun adventures that my mom and I went on. She took me hiking, camping, rafting, driving in fields with the music as loud as possible, to the beach, singing in the car at the top of our lungs, playing in the backyard, after dinner walks around the neighborhood, trips down the street to get ice cream, and many other wonderful times. The greatest thing that I remember is how much my mom loved me and she showed it to me everyday. There has never been a day in my life where I have doubted my mother's love for me. I clearly remember her asking me one day if I thought that she told me that she loved me too much. "No!" was my answer. My mom gave me so many gifts growing up but the greatest was her love and how she taught me to love. I can't wait for the day when Andy and I have children. It may be a few more years but, I can't wait to show our children my love for them and teach them what my mother taught me and that is... how to love others. I love you Mom!!!

I wanted the chance in writing this post to be able to publicly tell my mother that I love her. I also wanted to share another story about a woman who clearly loves her children and had the ultimate heartbreak of losing a child. Now as I said before I am not a mother and so I don't know the kind of love that a mother has for a child, but reading this story was heartbreaking and heart mending all at the same time. This woman is an amazing mother and you feel it when you read her story. I will warn you that it may just make you cry but it may just make you a better person. I would tell you to start at the beginning of her blog and read it though as she wrote it. The story is of having everything that you ever wanted, losing part of it and the journey that follows. It is quite powerful. Here is a picture of her darling little girl Ava! Once you read her story you will understand this more, but don't you think she is quite the Super Princess!!!!!
Here is her link: http://sheyerosemeyer.blogspot.com/

No comments: