Monday, June 7, 2010

SUN DOWN!

So Jeffy emailed some friends last week to see if anyone was interested in heading down to Sun Down in the City. The only brave soles that went were Jeff, Em, Chris and myself. We did meet our dear friends Seth, Kate, and sweet, sweet Emery for dinner before we headed downtown. Dinner was great and as it turns out Seth, Kate and Emery were really glad that they did not go with us. It was crazy and there were tons and tons of people. It would have been tough with a babe. Here is the crew just after we got out of the car. Notice that everyone is *ahem* not sweaty!
This was the mood of the night. So excited to be going to Sun Down!!! Knoxville better watch out!
Me and my bestie!

Now Jeff specifically told us to use the restroom before we left the restaurant because we did not want to have to use the bathrooms downtown. This was minutes after we parked the car and Jeff and Chris are running to use the bathroom at the hotel.


This was when the crowd was not so crowed. It got a lot worse. Emily and I had lost Jeff and Chris at this point.
You can see the stage to the left. I made the executive decision to walk as close to the stage as we could get because I wanted to see the band. Looking back, not the best decision I have ever made. The crowd got so bad that there were times that all you were breathing in was hot air and bad body odor. It was hot, smelly and sweaty. Sound like fun yet???

Jeff was our photo creeper of the night! You can see half of Chris' face too! Haha


Creeping again.

This is my favorite picture of the night. I just think that it is soo funny. I need to get better at taking the self photos. To be honest (I know that she will not think so) I think this is a great picture of Emily. She looks so relaxed and pretty. Love you Em!


Here is one of 2 pictures I got of the stage. We made it halfway to the stage and decided to turn back. It got to crowded (read that as: you have never been closer to strangers in your life) and hot and apparently there was no exit on the other side. I think that Sun Down needs to rethink their layout.

Finally some group pictures! Chris was excited to be my date for the night, can't you tell!

Not sure what the guys were doing in this picture. Apparently Em and I did not get the sunglasses memo! PS doesn't Emily look so short. I laughed so hard at that.
Finally it was time to leave. We loaded the car and headed home.

A few notes on the night.
1. I will only go back to Sun Down while school is still in session. Way too many high school kids.
2. Only going to go back when Andy is with me, some guy tried to push his way through and I had to defend myself.
3. Probably a better idea to go when it is a less known band, Blues Traveler was a hot ticket apparently.
4. Bring more people and come early. This is something to be enjoyed by a large group in an area that you have roped off with chairs!
I did have a blast with Jeff, Em and Chris. I was a fun impromptu evening with lots of memories!
love always,

No comments: