Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Pirate Party!

So this birthday was a big one for Andy. So only fitting that I have a HUGE post on this blog for him. Andy turned the big 3-0 this year and if you should know anything about my husband it is that he loves all things pirate. So obviously I would throw him a pirate party at the lake. Here are some of the decorations complete with eye patches and earrings. I thought everyone would love the eye patches. Nope, the earrings were the big hit!
To start this party off people jumped on in the lake. The day started out really hot and it was so nice to be able to float around in the water.


I love this picture of Sydney (love that tongue) and her Aunt Emily. Sydney was a trooper all day. She had no nap, never cried and probably would have stayed in the lake until she pruned. She is quite the little fish.


Then it was time to walk the plank. Here the guys are talking about jumping off the top of the dock.

It is scary up there. I refuse to jump off the top and I guess the guys (Chris, Seth and Andy) thought that some extra support from their friends would make the jump easier, so they held hands.

Here they go!
This picture below not only shows you how high it is, but my favorite part is near the bottom right side. That is little Reece. She wanted to jump off the dock too, only her parents had her jump off the lower one! Here she is after her first jump and heading back the edge of the dock to jump some more. She would have done this all day I think.

Then the guys did a long jump. Here is Andy (the winner as determined by his sweet wife!)

And H2, Jeff. He came a close second...

Then the guys decided to take to the water and go tubing. Here they are getting ready.


We made sure they were covered in sunscreen. (Seth)

Chris and Ben in action, sort of...


There were lots of people there all day. We tried to get everyone but some people were missed, so sorry. Here are a few...
Me and my Mama

Seth, Katie and beautiful baby doll Emery. She even let me hold her later in the day for like 10 whole minutes before she realized that mom and dad were not around. It was awesome!


The Connells: Chris and Julie

The Purnells: Hunter, Emily and Liam


The Clemmons #1: Michael and Emily


The Clemmons # 2: Drew, Allison and super swimmer Sydney


This little one has stolen my heart. She is such a happy baby and lets me hold her until my heart is full. This is little Hadley (Staci and Ben's daughter) and she is too cute for words. Her double dimples melt me.

Jeff and Danielle showed up and gave Andy this awesome shirt. Andy loves all things pirate but he also loves a well known coffee shop called Starbucks. This shirts combines the two. It is a play on the Starbucks logo and it says Arrbucks! Really funny and Andy loved it!


Here is part of the group. Some people (with little ones) had to scoot on out but here is most everyone that was there. Thanks so much to everyone from coming and making Andy's day so fun and wonderful.
A big shout out to Jeff and Emily. Emily didn't make many pictures because she was graciously taking them for me. She is awesome, I know. Thanks you two for helping out so much. I could not have done it without you. Your friendship means the world to Andy and I and I hope you know that. Jeff and Emily are all the way on the far left.

Finally, the reason that we were there. Andy, my pirate, I love you more than you know. I am so lucky to have you in my life. Thanks for being so wonderful and giving us a good reason to get together and hang out at the lake.

So I am totally up for doing this again (if Andy's grandmother will let us)! Who is in??
love always,

3 comments:

Jules said...

This was such a fun day! Happy 30th birthday to ANDY! We were so glad to be there to celebrate him. You did a fantastic job with the whole party, Cameron! Thanks for the invite! xo!

Allison said...

What a fun party!! Thanks Cameron for such a great day. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDY!

Amy said...

You did a great job on the party!! It is hard to believe that Andy is 30! Loved being there and taking pictures of all of your great friends and babies. Love you both.