Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Toes!

So when Andy and I were running in the marathon my feet were killing me. I think that this was partly due to my feet being soaking wet and partly to do with the fact that we were running 26 miles. Well the real pain did not start until after the race was over. After we showered and were headed back to Knoxville, I noticed that my toes were hurting. Not just a little but a lot. I had on my sandals and just though that they were tired. Well that night I could not stand to have anything touching them, even the weight of the sheet on our bed caused horrible pain. For days I could not touch them or let anything or anyone else touch them.


As a side note, one of the things that I have started doing since we started running is making sure that my toes are painted for our long runs. I make sure that they have plenty of coats of nail polish on them. I do this to keep them stronger. I have nails that tend to break and figure that a little extra help is not a bad idea.


Well, 2 days ago I finally took the polish off of my toes that I put on the day before the race. Boy was I shocked when I saw what they looked like. No wonder my toes hurt so much!!!



Warning: if you don't like feet or anything slightly gross, don't look. No blood or guts but I know people are squeamish around feet.

Here they are in all their glory!


For the most part the toes that got hurt the worst were my big toes and my second toes. Here is a close up!

Gross I know. Those are bruises! I couldn't believe it either! Haha, and my feet are really ugly!

love always,

1 comment:

Jules said...

Ohhh my goodness! You are such a trooper for finishing that run! I am so impressed that you QUALIFIED for BOSTON in a hurricane... You probably couldn't feel your little toes by the end of it! Way to go - bruises and all!!