Friday, April 9, 2010

Weekend!



I am so happy that the weekend is upon us, well sort of. This week Andy and I officially signed up for the Cincinnati Marathon! Yay! Guess what? It is on my birthday! Ugh, I can't think of a worse birthday present that I could have given myself. I keep telling myself that I LOVED the last one and this one is just going to be better. Andy and I have been training, but this weekend is our longest run so far. I am not sure how far we are going to go, but I know it will be 20+. Eek.


For some reason I always get myself worked up for these long runs. I stress days leading to the run and wish my life away to the point as we round the corner and the run is over. Crazy I know. I am excited about the marathon, I really am and I love to run!


The thing I look forward to most about running is eating after, well if my tummy can handle eating after. We do get this at the end of the run. I like to think of it as my post-run vanilla shake. It look terrible, but it is really not that bad.

Andy and I will probably start running early (8-9 is early for us) to beat the heat that Knoxville has been experiencing lately. Hopefully yesterday's rain will keep it cooler for us! Keep your fingers crossed and think of us on Saturday morning.

love always,

1 comment:

Emilycpoe said...

Whatever dude....it will be an awesome birthday....you will get a medal and you will be surrounded by some of the coolest people on the planet!