Monday, July 13, 2009

Karma

So I promise to put up some pictures from Andy's birthday at the beach. We had a wonderful trip and I just put the pictures on my computer and realized that there were some good ones. So that will be the next post.
Today's post is about karma and how it came back to bite me. So last Thursday Andy and I had Reece. She was wonderful and we had so much fun. Tori was at a dinner so when I took Reece home for a bath, Tori was not back yet. When we got to the house I waked to Reece's car door and got her out and then got her car seat out. (Here is a shout out. If anyone has a car seat that they are no longer using, please let me know. I would love to "borrow" it for the days that I keep Reece so we will not have to switch out the car seat anymore. It is a pain.) I had Reece in one arm and I was carrying the car seat with the other. Walking through Tori's yard I saw that someone had put a rubber snake in her yard. Funny joke, and I was not amused. I stepped over it and walked to the porch. Just as I set the car seat down I thought, was that really a rubber snake? Now do you remember this post:


So I go back to the rubber snake and it looks like just that, a rubber snake. So I kicked it. Did you hear me? I KICKED IT! The darn thing turned around and looked at me. Yep, it was NOT a rubber snake but a real one!!!! I screamed the S-word (a couple of times) and took off running with Reece in my arms. We ran straight into the driveway only to run into a dead squirrel. (Thankfully Scott came over and took care of the squirrel for Tori! Thanks Scott!) Then I ran to my car. Not sure what I was going to do there but I had to collect myself. Once I calmed down, Reece and I ran back to the house and quickly closed the door.

Once inside I gave Reece a bath and put her to bed. When Tori got home I had to tell her that I cussed in front of Reece and that I felt bad. Reece did not repeat it, but I don't want to be a bad example for her. Tori said it was fine and was definitely more concerned about the fact that there was a snake in her yard. I was just glad that it was in her yard and not mine and in a few minutes I was going to head back to my house-a snake free zone!

I got home and told Andy the story. He laughed and told me that it is silly of me to be so scared. Blah, blah, blah. I am scared, still.

Well on Sunday morning, Andy and I got up to go to early church so that we could head on up to the Mountains to go tubing with his family. As I was getting dressed he called me to put something on and come outside. I quickly grabbed my robe and followed him out of the garage to the front of our house. He told me to walk up on the porch. I didn't, but said, "what is up there." I was thinking that there was a HUGE spider and we all know how I feel about spiders. This is what I saw.

Can you see it? Let me get you a little closer...

Sill can't see it? Hmm, what about now...?
I know, I know, can you believe it. A SNAKE AT MY HOUSE, the snake-free zone. A string of cuss words flew from my mouth because I was so scared and I was standing a good 40 feet away. Andy just laughed, but he walked out the front door moments before and when he was walking back in this is what he saw. He said that it surprised him and he jumped when he first saw it. I tried to get him to kill it but he went on and on about how it would kill mice and that was better. I don't want spiders, crickets, mice and especially SNAKES at my house. None, not one please. The snake was resting on the lip of our porch and coming down the brick of our house. I have chills just writing this.



I had to go back inside to get ready and when we left for church 20 min later this is what we saw. It was moving closer to our door. I just about had a heart attack. We just left it and I prayed that it would not get in our house. Andy said that he thinks that it was about 5 feet long stretched out. That is just a 1/2 a foot shorter than me. So gross!

A few weeks ago I mentioned on a post about nesting. Well, Andy and I have two ferns that hang on our porch. You can see them above. Well a Robin had made a nest and laid some eggs in the nest and we were checking them daily to see if they had hatched. Well one morning I got up and the eggs had fallen out of the nest and some were broken on the porch. I called Andy to tell him the bad news. I was so sad. I thought that maybe one of the storms that came threw tossed them out of the nest, although we did see some feathers scattered. Well, thanks to our little visitor we now think we know what happened. This guy got our eggs. The worst part about thinking that this snake got the eggs is that this means that he has been to our house before, AND IS BACK! Eek! I do not like the sound of that.
So if anyone knows of a good snake exterminator, let me know!!! I cannot live in fear of walking on my porch, like I have been for the last 24 hours. I made Andy check everywhere before I walked up there yesterday. I ran off of it this morning once I locked the door.
I hope you all have a great week and don't run into any snakes!!!

Love always,

1 comment:

Victoria said...

From Mummy's Product Reviews-

Hi,

Congratulations! You have won a set of 25 Hint cards from California Cut Flowers. Please send me your full name and address to sent them out.

Thank you for reading and participating!

Best,

Vicky email me at veamason at gmail dot com