Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mini-Vacation

Oh my, I have so much to write about. This summer has really gotten away from me and so much is going on. I can't wait to fill you all in. I must start at the beginning and let you know of each little event.

First things first. At the end of July I had the opportunity to travel north a little. I flew in here... But my final destination was really to Connecticut and here...
The Mohegan Sun Area. You guess it, I was going to see this little lady....

I went up there to hang out with Kara and her husband Damien and watch 2 of Kara's games. It was so much fun and so relaxing. Here is a shot of her with her team before the game. Kara is all the way at the end standing next the mascot.

I just love the start of the games and all the hype that goes with them. Here she is running out as a starter!


I was also able to catch a practice. Kara is hates to loose, even when it comes to drills in practice. They did some shooting game and her team won all of them. Are you surprised, you shouldn't be.


One really neat thing we got to do was get to the games really early. They have an area where the family members of the players can go and eat before, during and after the games. Damien and I chose to go and sit on the bench before the games and watch the players warm up. I thought that was really neat and totally surprised that no one told me to move because I was not supposed to be there. I guess since I was with Damien (and everyone loves Damien - he is just so nice!) they just let me do whatever.
One creepy thing happened. The night of the second game (I had been in CT for 3 days) this guy I had never seen before (and neither had Damien) came up to me from behind. He said, "Are you enjoying your visit?" Since I could not see who it was, I just assumed that it was one of the people that work for the Sun, I just replied, "Yes, thanks!" As I turned to see who it was I realized I didn't know him, nor had met him. Damien looked at me and asked, "Who was that?" I said, "I have no idea, you tell me. I thought you knew everyone!" He said, "I have never seen him before in my life! Crazy, fans know everything!!!"
I was so creeped out that when I went to by a Sun shirt with Kara's name on it I immediately put it on so that I had on a different shirt and maybe, just maybe he would not see me. I never saw him again, but it was so creepy!
On another note, Damien got interviewed by a local TV station about how he and Kara moved to CT and what life is like for him and Kara. He is just the sweetest husband and does so much for Kara. He really is perfect for her and I love him for it!!!
One night while I was there we went this restaurant. The Watch Dog. It was so good. D and I got the tuna and it was to die for.



We were lucky enough to be joined by these two. Coach and Mrs. Thibault. It is Kara's coach and his wife. They are some of the nicest people and have really made Kara and Damien feel at home. It was so nice to get to know them better.



The view from the dock behind the restaurant was beautiful. CT is a really pretty place.



Please ignore my hair. It was so humid up there and this is what happens! Ha! I do love these two so much!

I love this girl. She has been an amazing friend for years. I am so glad that we have remained so close. She is so wonderful and an amazing basketball player. We are hoping that she makes the USA team this year so she can represent the US at the World Championships! She did score the most points in the gold medal game at the Olympics - so in my book that should count for something!!!
So the trip was amazing and I had so much fun with Kara! I can't wait to see her again soon!



love always,

No comments: