Tuesday, September 15, 2009

EIGHTY


Well, what we have today is another wonderful birthday post. I feel so lucky that when I married Andy I automatically adopted 3 grandparents. They are each so wonderful and so special and they treat me like I have been their granddaughter all along. I love them all so much and want them to know how much I treasure them and all the time that we get to spend together.


Andy's grandfather, Granddaddy, turned 80! Can you believe it? I can't. There is no way that he is 80 and I think that we need to check his birth certificate to make sure. He still hikes a couple of times a week and we are not talking a 2-3 mile hike. Granddaddy can take on 10+ in a day. Enough to leave me exhausted. Most of you know, but I love to talk about it, that Granddaddy walked me down the isle on our wedding day. It was so special for me and I will never forget it as long as I live. I could not have had a better person to be there for me on that day. I love you so much Granddaddy!!!!!!


I asked him some questions for his Special Birthday Blog Post so here you go!!!


What was your favorite birthday and why?
Marian and the boys gave me a big party at The Faculty Club for my 60th birthday. Had a big crowd of friends and family and my Mother was still living and lots of fun.


If you could be anywhere on your birthday where would you be?
I guess the 80th on Mt LeConte was about as neat a place as there could be. Boo, Andy and I missed being there, but we thought of you all day!!!


What is your favorite birthday cake?
Chocolate


What is your favorite color?
Blue

What is one thing that you can’t help but splurge on?
Ice cream


What is your favorite restaurant?
Mountain Lodge in Gatlinburg, for breakfast


What is your favorite word?
Whatever


What is your least favorite word?
Anything negative


What famous person do you most resemble?
I think I look like Rock Hudson, but probably more like Jimmy Durante


What is your biggest pet peeve?
People that are not on time So this is where Andy gets it from, hmmm.


What three possessions do you value most?
Mountain house, walnut dining room table and chairs, and my TV clicker ( things don't mean a lot to me any more )


What three non-material possessions do you value most?
Marian, kids, grandkids and friends


What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend?
Go to Gatlinburg and the Mt. House


Who is your favorite granddaughter-in-law? Ha! Just kidding you don’t have to answer that one!!!
I would be in big trouble if I answered this.


Thanks Granddaddy for answering my questions. We love you and will see you soon!!!!


love always,

No comments: