Tuesday, January 27, 2009

where the players play!!!

This past weekend Andy and I with two of our (did you hear that Andy, OUR, Julie is MY friend so that makes 2) friends, Chris and Julie took a day trip to Atlanta. I was not really sure what to expect from this trip as we were going to visit a dear, dear friend of Andy and Chris that has recently been sick. Can I just tell you that the trip was so much fun. We had a blast on the way down, stopping only for coffee - twice! The conversation covered just about everything that you can imagine. Let's just say that Andy and I are a lot closer to Chris and Julie... and we will leave it at that. The three hour drive down there flew by and before we knew it we were getting ourselves lost in Atlanta. Now I don't know about you but there is not much scarier than driving around Atlanta, lost, with crazy drivers, your driver all hopped up on caffeine trying to input your destination into the GPS system of a car that he does not normally drive (it was his mother's - here is a shout our to Natalie and T for their A-W-E-S-O-M-E car), all the while doing his best not to kill all of us. It was an adventure alright. We finally made it to our destination, oh a couple of hours early so we went and ate lunch. Andy and I got burgers, Julie got soup and salad (she is such a lady) and Chris, well he got the skinny burger - a burger with 2-3 slices of ham, a mound of cheese and a side of fries. He ate the whole thing. We made it to our visit and when it was time to leave we loaded up in the car to head on back to Knoxville. I don't think that we stopped laughing the whole way home. My sides, my cheeks and my stomach hurt from laughing so hard. We only stopped one time on the way home and I will ask that all of you when you see Chris, ask him about yelling things out across gas stations in Cleveland, TN. I don't know what Andy and I would do without Chris in our lives but it sure would be a lot less funny. Thank you Chris and Julie for a fun and memorable day. Thinking about it right now still is making me laugh. We love you both and are so glad that we can call both of your our friends.

This picture is from Halloween,
how terrible is it that this is the most recent picture of the four of us!!!
Something that we will have to remedy.

No comments: